I’ve got a short yet dope style post for you guys this evening. It’s technically not spring yet, but slowly and surely I’m starting to sprinkle in some more earthy tones and lighter colours into my staples. I decided to throw on some khaki joggers, a denim jacket (a must have spring staple), layered over a tanned coloured sweatshirt and a longline tee. It’s casual, looks effortless and super comfortable!
What I’m Wearing
1969 Icon Denim Jacket – The GAP | Longline Sweatshirt – FOREVER21 | Khaki Joggers (similar here) | Men’s Kiel Leather Shoe – ADIDAS ORIGINALS|
Hi guys, I’m back this week with my monthly playlist. February has been such a great month in so many ways, especially for music. We had releases from Rihanna, Beyonce and Kanye amongst others, that had the internet in a frenzy. I’m going to make a note to say that I didn’t include any songs from The Life of Pablo on this list as I haven’t ‘taken it in’ the way that I want to yet… so expect to see a lot of Kanye on the list next month. I’m not sure if it’s because February is the month of love but for some reason my playlist is 90% r&b but I’m loving it and I hope you do too! Continue Reading…
Can you guys believe that it’s February already?! Honestly, the way that time is flying by,definitely freaks me out. Which kind of leads me to my point for this blog post. Over the last few months, I’ve learned more & more how valuable time truly is and how important it is, not to waste it. Here are a few things that I’ve been putting into action lately and have seen some pretty stellar results so far.
1. If there’s something that you want to do write it down! By writing your goals down it makes you feel more responsible to follow through with them. Brainstorm ideas, create a plan and put it into action. Trust me when I say, nothing feels more fulfilling than being able to check things off your bucket list.
2. Stop caring about what other people think. This one is much easier said than done, but it’s definitely worth attempting. In the past I’ve let the opinions of others prevent me from doing things that I wanted to do and over time realized that if I’m not hurting anyone and it makes me happy, I’m going to do it! Life is too short to not do the things that you love!
3. Cut out the dead weight in your life! Energy is very contagious and being surrounded by people with negative energy is toxic and draining. Don’t get me wrong, we all have bad days but if every interaction with a ‘friend’ or ‘lover’ leaves you feeling some type of way… it’s time to let them go. It can be hard at first but once it’s done you’ll be thankful that you did.
4. Lastly, trust in yourself and the timing of your life. I’ve shared this with you guys before but I can’t stress how important it is. A lot of us hold super high expectations for ourselves and if we don’t meet those expectations by a specific time frame we get really down. I’ve learned that what’s meant to be, will happen when it’s the right time (in all areas of life). Your sole responsibility is to work hard, have patience, be positive and be ready when the opportunity presents itself.
If you’ve got any tips that you’d like to share with me, give me a shout, I’m always looking to learn new things firstname.lastname@example.org
What I’m Wearing
Camo Jacket – MANIERE DE VOIR
Funnel Neck Sweatshirt – FOREVER21 (similar here) | Ripped Denim – TOPMAN (similar here) | Air Force 1’s – NIKE |
I’ve been building up my wardrobe, slowly but surely for the summer months. I feel like the last few post I’ve written have all had to do with the excitement of summer but if you live in Canada you definitely understand why. – For all my international readers just bare with me. For me, summer is all about having fun and spontaneous adventures, so I tend to pick out outfits that are super versatile, light and can be worn in various settings. I scored these pretty dope cotton twill shorts from Forever 21 and guess how much they were?! Twelve bucks… not bad! I rarely talk about the price of items as I think you should buy things based on if you really like them or not but I liked these shorts and it was kind of a no brainer at that price point. They also come in a couple other colours. I decided to build on this look with a scoop neck tee, a light denim button down and a pair of kicks from Converse. This outfit is something I’d wear in a casual setting like; going out for drinks on a patio, a road trip or an afternoon in the park with friends.What I’m Wearing
– click on the highlighted words to go directly to the featured items!
Cotton Twill Drawstring Shorts – FOREVER21 | Button-Collar Chambray Shirt – FOREVER21 | White Scoop Neck Tee | All Star Chuck 70′ – CONVERSE
I’m sure by now you can tell that I have a little obsession with sneakers. When my friends come over to my place the first thing they usually notice is my shoe collection. I’m not really sure when it all started but I’ve been able to come to terms with my unhealthy appreciation for a pair of dope sneakers. Whether it be lifestyle, basketball or sport specific I don’t discriminate. I recently got my hands on these Jordan 1 Retro High’s and I couldn’t wait to break them in. I decided to mix and match different hues of blue, playing with both light and dark. This is what I envision when I think of mixing sportswear and all american fashion.
What I’m Wearing
Air Jordan 1 Retro High – NIKE | Denim Shirt – VINTAGE | Zip Collar Bomber – FOREVER21| Navy Denim – VINTAGE |
Hi guys, I’ve decided to switch things up slightly with this post and focus a little more on life rather than style. The last few weeks for me have been a little frustrating to say the least. I don’t know if it’s just the weather or something in my subconscious that was trying to reveal itself but something was definitely off. I’m a Gemini so I know that my spirit is very sensitive and can be easily affected by the different types of energy that surrounds me but this time around I just couldn’t shake those negative vibes. I took some time to myself to try and reflect, hence the limited posting action but I’m back and feeling much better! Whenever I’m down I tend to read more and search for inspirational quotes and I always come back to this one idea; trusting your journey. Things are going to happen and you’re going to have rough patches in every area of your life (personal, health, career, finance etc..) but it all happens for a reason. You just have to believe that there’s a lesson to be learned in every misfortune and that those times or events really help shape the person you’re meant to be.
About a month ago I had a feature in IN Magazine where the focus was on sexuality in sports. I was asked to provide a quote that depicted the best life lesson that I’ve learned so far and I’d like to share it with you guys as well; “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny” – C.S Lewis
I’ve held onto that quote for some time now and I recently found another quote that inspired the direction of this style post; Don’t confuse your path with your destination. Just because it’s stormy now doesn’t mean that you aren’t headed for sunshine. To some, this quote might sound juvenile but for me I saw it at the right time and it really resonated with me. Personally, I just felt that I owed you guys an explanation for my disappearance and I also just wanted to share my reaffirmed learnings! I hope your week is off to a great start and that you’re staying warm! #ItsBeenAColdWinter #SharingIsCaring Outfit details below!
What I’m Wearing
Camel Coat – BANANA REPUBLIC | Crew Neck Sweater – TOMMY HILFIGER | Oxford Shirt – TOMMY HILFIGER| Patchwork Jeans– FOREVER21| Striped Socks – FOREVER21 | Chuck Taylor – CONVERSE